Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dunedin Winter Multisport Series - Round 1

After a busy few months at university being full immersed in my masters research doing minimal training the first race of the Dunedin Winter Multisport Series was a bit of a shock to the system. A beautiful day made for great racing conditions.


The first 5km kayak start with a hot pace driven by a number of K1 paddlers keen to push the pace. Having done every limited paddle training this year meant that I was red lining the whole way. Thanks to my new Sission Evolution Omega I was able to limit my losses to the top paddlers to 2 minutes.


On to the MTB stage I worked my way through the field from 7th out of the water to 5th going into the run. Once into the brutal off road run my Salomon Speed Crosses came into their own on the steep greasy slopes. Over the 5km run to the finish I managed to reel in 4th and 3rd place to finish in 3rd place.

No comments:

Post a Comment