Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kaitangata MTB race

Last weekend I headed down to Kaitangata for a 45km MTB race. I had heard that this was a great race and was keen to check it out. So I loaded my bike on our new car and headed south. The new Nissan Pulsar load up ready to go

There was a very strong field for such a small local event so I was keen to see how I would stack up against everyone. After a fast start I settled into a good pace. Through out the 45km there was a great mix of purpose built single track, gravel roads, up hills and down hills. It was one of the most enjoyable course I have ever done.
Working hard on one of the climbs

I was sitting around 4-5th place most of the race and feeling good. I tended to lose time on the technical sections and then make it back up on the gravel climbs. I finished the 45km in 2hour15min34sec in 4th place only a minute off 3rd, which I was stoked about.


All in all a great race and a must do for next year. Next race on the cards is the Bannockburn gutbuster, 80km through the Nevis Valley which I am really looking forward to. Ill keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment