Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dunedin Winter Multisport Series RACE 1

Last weekend was the first race of the Dunedin Winter Multisport Series. The race was based at Whare Flat and consisted of a 3km off road run - 10km MTB and final 3km run. Check out this You tube video of the race


After a fast start on some very muddy tracks I took the lead. With my new Salomon Speed Cross 2 making short work of slippery conditions. On to the MTB I was racing next to Norman Dunroy over the opening stages. The MTB consisted of a lot of slippery roots, mud holes and obstacles which was a great test for my Giant XTC-1 29er. In these tight conditions the 29er excelled and by the end of the ride I was out of sight of 2nd place. Into the final run I managed to hold a good pace only running 1 minute slower than the first 3km run and by the end I had built up a 5 minute buffer over 2nd place Norman Dunroy.


It was great to get out and stretch the legs after a lack of racing recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment